By Trent McCandless
With the barbeque grills still warm from the holiday weekend few have probably turned their thoughts completely back to management and profit margins—it’s hard to blame them. There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of positive news out there; just last week it was reported that the unemployment rate has hit a 26-year high and already today four U.S. Soldiers have been reported dead in Iraq.
Allow Alister & Paine to bring some much needed optimism to your office—and the market.
This weeks article is a collection of our favorite quotes of all time. Some are business quotes. Some are inspirational quotes. Some are just great quotes. Use them wisely.
1. “Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I’m not there, I go to work.” – Robert Orben
2. “We are currently not planning on conquering the world.” – Sergey Brin (Google)
3. “People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can’t find them, make them.” – George Bernard Shaw
4. “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” – Sir Winston Churchill
5. “Too many people spend too much time trying to perfect something before they actually do it. Instead of waiting for perfection, run with what you’ve got, and fix it as you go.” – Paul Arden, Executive Creative Director of Saatchi & Saatchi
6. “Things may come to those who wait, but only things left by those who hustle.” – Abraham Lincoln
7. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly and get on with improving your other innovations.” – Steve Jobs
8. “I believe in benevolent dictatorship provided I am the dictator.” – Sir Richard Branson
9. “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me?” – Ayn Rand
10. “Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can.” – Paul Tournier